There is a lot of hullabaloo over a few folks at McCain rallies yelling violent things. The media has taken these instances and tried to paint the entire center-right movement as a frothing mass of angry voters.
John Hawkins at Right Wing News wonders where they were when the left said these beauties:
- “Why couldn’t, uh, why couldn’t have (Rush Limbaugh) croaked from it instead of Heath Ledger?” — Bill Maher
- “I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow….I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” — Bill Maher
- “Why not go kill a Muslim? Don’t leave it up to the soldiers, don’t leave it up to the middle east. You?ve got Muslims in New Jersey. Why not go kill some?” — Mike Malloy
- “I used to have violence fantasies about Scott McClellan because of the inpenetrable wall of idiocy and supposed ignorance, some of which was probably not supposed, that behind which he used to hide at every press conference. All those feelings are being shifted now to Dana Perino, violence fantasies.” — Liberal radio host, Mike Malloy
- “Drudge? Aw, Drudge, somebody ought to wrap a strong Republican entrail around his neck and hoist him up about six feet in the air and watch him bounce.” — Liberal radio host, Mike Malloy
- “Capital punishment? I think that if, if I’ve got to find that guy in Spain who indicted Pinochet and get him for war crimes, and I get him to do the same thing for Bush. And in that case, I would be for capital punishment. Otherwise, I am against it.” — New York gubernatorial Green Party candidate Malachy McCourt on The Chris Matthews show
- “The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not ‘insurgents’ or ‘terrorists’ or ‘The Enemy.’ They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow — and they will win.” — Michael Moore
- “O&A – “Condoleezza Rice“Charlie – “I’d love to f— that b*tch dude” (laughter)
Charlie – “She’s the F—in man”
O&A – “yeah”
Charlie – “I’d F…that b*tch….”
O&A – “I just imagine the horror in Condoleezza Rice’s face….”
- “(laughter) ….. as she realizes what’s going on”
- “…as you were just holding her down and F’n her.”
Charlie – “punch her all the F’n face, shut the F— up b*tch”
O&A – “that’s exactly what I meant” (laughter in background)
Charlie – “you know F— it …. and George Bush wife? I’d F— that b*tch to death” — “Shock Jocks” Opie & Anthony talk rape & violence with their guest “Homeless Charlie.”
- Because filing briefs don’t stop bullets, and when the ballot box fails us, we are not above seeing what’s in the ammo box.” — Daily Kos diarist, pinche tejano
- “The United States needs to be invaded – not just invaded – occupied….We have allowed a Congress and an administration to encourage hate and to hi-jack our compassion. In fact, as a nation we have lost our compassion.
Unfortunately, America is at a point that to be able to really feel again, to regain that compassion, it needs to be invaded and occupied in the same way that we have invaded and occupied Iraq. Then there might be a greater chance that Americans will be more reluctant to accept the invasion of another country. Maybe seeing and feeling the same level of destruction that we have inflicted on Iraq, at least the American public will understand why invading another country is unconscionable except in the most dire circumstances – which means after that country has directly attacked the United States. And that has not happened since World War II.” — Daily Kos diarist, professorfate
- “A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn’t safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here’s your answer, you ungrateful whelp: Just try it, you little b*stard.
Download: of%20gun%20being%20cocked.” — A “humor bit” from the Randi Rhodes show
There are a lot more, and John has them all linked up so you can reference the sources, but I’m not going to do that here. You can go here to read them all and get the links.